Monday, August 25, 2008

Youth Culture Celebration



This has been the summer of the Temple at our house, we have been excited to go thru it, and I have been excited for the youth culture celebration that was Saturday night! We have been practicing for months, we traveled to Filer, Hansen, Malta, and back to Declo for different practices. Our youth are so cool, they were so good and never complained, and it paid off Saturday night when the Prophet showed up and we performed the best we ever had! The leaders got a payback for all the hours we have all spent, they let us line up down on the ground and make a pathway for President Monson to come down, I was next to my Mom and we were so close we could have touched him! It was awesome, he was so funny when he spoke to the youth I am so glad that I was able to be a part of this celebration! Thanks to my kids wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Darrington for letting them come over during practices!

1 comment:

Becky and Paul said...

CHARLYN, THE CELEBRATION WAS AWESOME. I AM SO GLAD TO STAND BY YOU WHEN THE PROPHET CAME BY. WHAT A EXCITING MOMENT THAT WAS. I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT MOMENT. THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT DAUGHTER. I LOVE YOU AND I KNOW YOUR YOUNG WOMEN DOES ALSO. SEE YOU TUESDAY NIGHT? LOVE, MOM