Thursday, February 5, 2009

You Swallowed a Guitar Pic???????


That is the exact question I asked my cute little sister Brittney on Wednesday night! I had mutual that night Jocelyn came and helped me do hair for the girls, when we walked inthe door I heard Jeff say you are going to have to talk to Char about that, he hannded me the phone and it was Brittney's friend telling me that Brit had swallowed a guitar pic at the Burley Minico game (go spartens!!!) and the ambulance is coming to take her to the hospital, I then questioned the friend and told her if this was a joke then she was in deep trouble, anyway we then knew she was telling the truth so Jocelyn and I jumped in the car and drove way faster then we will ever admit, we beat the ambulance and it was at the Burley High School! So she finally got there and we went back to see her, she was sitting up in the chair smileing when we walked in she said I am so stupid I swallowed a guitar pic, hmmm stupid huh? We had to tease her or else I think she was going to cry, she was in a lot of pain as well, they made her drink this fizzy drink in hopes it i would go down to her stomach or she would puck it up, it did not work so we waited and waited forever finally they decided around midnight that they need to call a surgeon, I know it's crazy so we waited forever a gain for the surgical team to wake up and come, they had to put her asleep so we were waiting for like 6 different people to show up, then the surgeon calls and says she wants a cat scan, so we went for a cat scan, they sent it to salt lake to have it looked at and they said they could not see anything, so the surgeon looked at it and said the same thing, but not the good ole Doc, he called me out and took me to the exray screen to take a look, you could see a tiny curve ant the end of her esaphagous it was right where she was having the bad pains as well, so on for surgery we go, have I mentioned that my parents area out of town and it is just Jocelyn and I the 2 biggest whimps known to men but we were strong, so it is about 12:45 and they put you to sleep guy comes in, I cant spell that word, he told her all the bad things that could happed and got her so scared she was also on morephine so she finally quit talking a hundred miles a hour! So we waited it took 45 min. to get that thing out, and then recovery time, so finaly they brought her back she was still very sudated and just waking up, as saw her come in the room all be darn an orange gutar pic was sitting on her stomach! Jocelyn and I could not believe it, well the best part of the whole night was listening to brit come out of the medicine, she said the funniest stuff, she wnated to know where she was, why we were here, how long we had been here, where is Mom, I want to talk to Dad, to the best part, she asked the Doctor if he had seen her underware, and the very funniest part she looked at Jocelyn and said what the .... am I wearing, she did not remember putting on the hospital gown!!!! So I am really glad she is okay, I never thought I would have to go the hospital with my 16 year old sister because she choked on a guitar pic, so I know you are all wondering why the heck she had it in her mouth, we asked her and she said, when you are in our group that is what you do, oh thanks for explaining silly girl, her boyfrien was playin in band she put it in her mouth and then they made a basket adn she said whoo hooo and sucked it down!!!!!! Luv ya BERT!

10 comments:

Kenna said...

Chip was telling me about this- he'd already heard about it. Did you point out to her that Gracie should be the only one expected to swallow something strange? Glad everything ended up okay!

Evynn said...

Oh that is soo funny, but only because she is okay. Lenny said at least it wasn't a drum stick...he's a dork...anyway, yeah larry and crystal are having a boy at the end of june. They don't waist any time:)

Mindy said...

Wow!! What a story! Glad she is alright. :)

Thanks for letting Braden come to McKade's party. They all had lots of fun.

The Nelson's said...

Ya what a night... I dont think bert will ever live this one down.. but gotta love her, i mean how many ppl can say they swolloed a gutair pick. What a special little sister we have..

Anonymous said...

What an experience and your mom was out of town to miss the whole thing! I am glad that your sister is okay and you survived too. I don't know if I could have. :)

Melanie said...

OMG!! Glad everything turned out OK for her. Silly girl

Stetzen&Brittney Bailey said...

thanx sis iam sure everyone is loving this to know that your little sista is a dork who swallows gutair picks lol thanks very much for being there for me it was a very well fun moment lol stupid of me no doubt hey its the memories we make that fun!!

Becky and Paul said...

CHARLYN, I AM SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THE PICK INCIDENT. I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU AND JOCELYN HATES HOSPITALS. THANK YOU AND THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. I APPRECIATE ALL THAT YOU DO FOR OUR FAMILY. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I AM BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS MY DAUGHTER. I OWE YOU MORE THAN ONE. BRITTNEY WILL ALWAYS BE SO THANKFUL ALSO. HAVE A GREAT WEEK. LOVE MOM

Maria said...

holy cow, that is a crazy story! i can't believe she really had to have it surgically removed!! way to be strong!

EM said...

My Mom called me and said that something really bad must have happened at the Burley (GO BURLEY:)!)Minico game because she could see an ambulance there. She was worried about what it was. I was so glad that I was able to call and fill her in on this story. We no longer have to wonder. Thanks for the entertainment today Char. Your as good at the hospital thing as I am.